Sunday 1 September 2013

GSoC Week 10 and 11 : Modifying the mechanics core

Unfortunately, as GSoC is drawing to an end, my workload at college seems to be increasing too. Hence, I haven't been able to work for the project as much as I would have liked, though I have a new PR in queue. Since Prasoon's Vector module isn't close to completion yet, Gilbert and I decided to go ahead and modify and hack the current framework to make space for the modifications I require for my work.
Last week, I opened a PR with the said modifications, but as I had expected, there are a *lot* of errors to be resolved. Changing one thing at one place gives rise to a hundred errors elsewhere in the module - my lesson for the week. We decided to go ahead and implement the caching of dcms and variable maps generated wrt pairs of reference frames, and it has led to quite some inconsistencies here and there. I am still struggling with them, I hope I can resolve all of them in a day or two. By this week-end, I should have this PR merged and a new one, with the new classes, opened.
About EM, I dint get to do much, I just implemented ideal dipoles and wrote tests for them. I still haven't pushed them to the PR. Will do that soon, I guess.
That's all there is for this week. Most probably, my GSoC work is going to stretch beyond the timeline, though that's not really a problem. Hope at the end of it, the code is perfectly shippable :-)
Have a good week!

No comments: