Sunday 11 August 2013

GSoC: Week 8

Week 8's over.
This week was more of 'studying' and 'preparing' rather than coding. Since the entire infrastructure behind my initial proposal has now shifted considerably, I am drawing out the plans anew and getting the basic things done before I start working on sympy.physics.em (tentative name).

First off, I finally got the logic docs up at the SymPy development docs. You can see them here.
Second, I wrote the basic field functions for electrostatic theory (including the tests).
Apart from that, I was mostly busy with college stuff (first week of classes are usually a little difficult for adjusting) and going through Griffith's book. So hopefully, I will get a lot done by the end of the coming week (code + further plans).
Prasoon's code is shaping up well, and I may help him with the testing and debugging part to speed up the development of sympy.vector. I feel quite optimistic about the projects (Prasoon's and mine) now.

Well, thats all (short post, I know) for now.
Will come back with more next time.
Have a great week :-)

No comments: